Thursday, June 7, 2007

Cupcakes and Muffins

I'd like to share with you one of the biggest embarassment I had to endure during Sem 2 . It all happened on one fine day of " PenPal Revelation Day" ...

You see , the language dept of our college had this way of promoting english proficiency among Year 1 by having a penpal project .. We were only given the codes of our penpals and our identities were supposed to remain unknown for both parties . And basically u are allowed to torture your penpal with whatever crappings you wish to write in the letter .

Monday is the day when we have to submit out letters to be posted . Thursday is the collection day . Anyway , fast forward to why this activity is such a painfully memorable one is . because . nvm . i don't . think . it's . wise . to .continue .

On the revelation day , my penpal which has always been assumed to be a young lass , turns out to be a guy ! =__= . Ok lah . that doesn't sound too bad . I mean , I talk about pretty much the same thing to both gender .plus equal level of respect . k . maybe nicer to girls . since they deaserve it more . but anyway , he said that he used to play netball in high school . which is actually true . and he kept playing on the safe side by not sounding like neither a girl nor a guy .

Since I thought he was a girl , out of total insanity I suggested , hey ! why don't we address each other as " Cupcake" and "Muffin" instead of RIA 27 and SEE 15 . I'm the muffin though .

Once the whole revelation day is over , damn malu wei =_= . It doesn't help that I bought him a very girlish bangle with cute pink bells that chimes . haha . ya . forced him to wear that though .

I can't believe I've been calling a guy who used to be some random stranger " cupcake" . ew . ew. he's not even my bf for heaven sake !

the starting of each letter ," hey cupcake :) " .

I can just die now .

So , this being an educational blog , I would state that , the moral of this story is ,

1. If he doesn't sound like a girl nor a guy , and it seems too rude to ask if " are you sure you're a girl because you don't sound much like one ? hire CIA or ACA to find out about it for you .

and oh yea ... NEVER assume .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home